Available tools for research of the solvency of a company under Greek law
The purpose of a lawsuit before the courts is for the plaintiff to be able to eventually satisfy his claims, which mainly depends on whether the defendant appears with any kind of property. Therefore, a proactive check on the credibility, solvency and potential assets of the defendant is vital for the substantially successful outcome of a legal dispute. As a result, this preliminary check consists of the following steps:
Check on the real estate property of the company
- Research via the electronic platform of the Hellenic Cadastral (for the areas where available) or research in person at Land Registries for any real estate assets
Check on the “good standing” of the company
- The General Certificate issued by the Commercial Registry certifies the status of the company (for active companies, regarding their bankruptcy, or co-administration or liquidation status)
- The Judicial Solvency Certificate issued by the First Instance Court certifies whether any application has been filed or any decision has been issued for a company to be set under bankruptcy or suspension of payments or special administration or conciliation – reconstruction or liquidation or reconstruction plan or dissolution
Check on the credibility of the company at “Tiresias S.A.”
- “Tiresias S.A.” keeps the most valid credit bureau registries on private citizens and businesses, thus contributing to trade credit protection and reducing bad debt in banking and commercial transactions. Information for default data related to bounced cheques, unpaid bills of exchange and promissory notes, cancellations of all types of loan and credit agreements with natural persons and enterprises, payment orders, auctions (of movable and immovable property), notices of mortgage liens, administrative sanctions against tax law offenders, applications and judgements for reconstruction, applications for bankruptcy, decisions rejecting bankruptcy petitions on the grounds of insufficient assets of the debtor, declared bankruptcies, applications and judgments for judicial adjustment of debts, orders for restitution of leasehold property can be provided by “Tiresias” when the legitimate interest of the interested party is projected sufficiently, due to data protection laws.
Check on possible claims against the company
- The Judge of First Instance Court may approve the request to acquire information on any possible applications or decisions issued for claims against the defendant, when the legitimate interest of the interested party is projected sufficiently, due to data protection laws.
* Οι πληροφορίες είναι ακριβείς με βάση τα δεδομένα που είναι γνωστά στον συγγραφεά κατά τον χρόνο σύνταξης του άρθρου. Δεν έχουμε υποχρέωση να επικαιροποιούμε τα αναρτημένα άρθρα. Η δικηγορική μας εταρεία δεν αναλαμβάνει ευθύνη έναντι οποιουδήποτε τρίτου που δεν είναι πελάτης και δεν έχει υπογράψει τους όρους συνεργασίας μας.