Establishment of a branch of a foreign company in Greece – Supporting documentation before the Commercial Registry
The supporting documentation required for the approval of the establishment in Greece of a branch of a foreign company by the competent General Commercial Register is the following:
1. Company decision related to the establishment of a branch in Greece, specifying the purpose, the location, the name and the legal representative of the branch.
2. Copy of the Articles of Association of the foreign company, as in force at the time of the application (certified by the competent foreign Authority).
3. Certificate issued by the competent foreign authority confirming that the company has not been dissolved nor its establishment has been revoked.
4. Certificate issued by the competent foreign authority about the registered offices of the company and its legal representation.
5. The registration number of the company abroad. Companies outside the European Union, where the relevant law does not provide registration procedure, are excluded.
6. Certificate issued by the competent foreign authority about the capital of the foreign company.
Note: For the approval of the establishment in Greece of a branch of a foreign company outside the EU, the minimum capital of the parent company must be equal to the minimum capital required for a Greek SA.
7. Notary or consular deed related to the appointment of the legal representative and the proxy of the branch of the company in Greece, which may be the same person.
Note: The legal representative and the proxy, who will be appointed, he/she must be a holder of a Greek Tax Registration Number and he/she must submit the following:
(a) If he/she is a national of an EU State: a certified copy of his Identity Card or Passport.
(b) If he/she is a national of a non-EU country: Ρroviding that his/her residence is in Greece, a residence and work permit is required (according to Ministerial Decision K2-4900 / 30.10.14).
8. Certificate issued by the competent Department of the General Commercial Register for the pre- approval of the name and trading name of the branch (a fee of €10.00 is required).
9. Application signed before the Department of the General Commercial Register upon submission of the supporting documents.
• The above original supporting documents are filed in hard copy and a simple copy of them in electronic form (the CD including pdf files).
• The above documents, issued abroad, must have APOSTILLE or a consular stamp/certification and shall be officially translated into Greek language.
• For companies based outside the European Union there should be a reciprocal agreement with Greece (for Ltd).